The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Friday, September 5, 2014

First Day of First Grade

I am working hard (if blogging counts as hard work) to catch up on all of the blogging that I didn't do this summer.  But first things first.... first grade!!!

Ava and Macy are at a brand new school this year. Hosp Elementary. It is in our neighborhood and we get to walk to and from school which the girls LOVE! It is such a nice way to start the day. It gets them moving before school and Aubrey gets to go on a little morning stroll. It is great. After school isn't quite as fun because it is HOT but hopefully around mid October we will enjoy the after school stroll a little more. And when it gets to be 30 degrees in January, carpool here we come! : )


Meet the teacher night:
Ava and Mrs. Webb. 

Macy and Mrs. Landphair. 

When Ben was about to take their picture he said, "Macy, no silly faces." And Mrs. Landphair said, "Let's both do one silly face!" And she won me over right there. : )

Breakfast before school. 

Discussing the day ahead. With Aubrey about to topple over a chair in the background. 






A couple of years ago I started the tradition of having them hold up a sign on the first day of school that says what they want to be when they grow up. Well, this year I forgot so we did it a few days late. 

Veterinarian (I should have stuck with "vet" b/c I think I spelled it wrong on her sign).

Scientist that studies animals. (I see a theme!)

Silly faces. And once again Aubrey climbing on something in the background. 





No comments:

Post a Comment